Knowing what you need.
It’s important to work with an insurance agent to get the right coverage and coverage amounts. You may also need additional coverages. Our team at Chad M. Lewis Insurance Agency is ready to help steer you in the right direction. For the best recommendations and insurance services, give us a call to help protect your investment today! help protect your investment today!
While our office is located in Virginia, we are licensed in multiple states: Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, South Dakota, Montana, South Carolina & Tennessee.
Shopping for homeowner’s insurance?
Buying a home? You’re going to need insurance. Chad M. Lewis Insurance Agency has a variety of options on what type of home insurance you need that may differ from other agencies. It’s important to work with an insurance agent that knows the ropes and can guide you through the process.
Why do I need homeowner’s insurance?
If the home carries a mortgage, most lenders require homeowner’s insurance to ensure the property can be repaired or rebuilt in the event of an unforeseen event. While each home is different on what you need, there are certain coverages you want to make sure are included. These include:
- Dwelling – You want to make sure your home has enough coverage to be rebuilt or repaired in the event of an unfortunate circumstance or loss, such as fire, theft, windstorms, hail, or lightning.
- Other structures – This provision covers detached structures on the property that may have been damaged during the unforeseen event.
- Personal property – Personal property is often compromised during these types of occurrences. This coverage helps alleviate the costs associated with replacement.
- Loss of Use – There are situations where homeowners are displaced because the residence is too damaged or unable to be inhabited. This coverage allows them to find other lodgings while the home is being inspected, rebuilt, or repaired.
- Personal liability – The last thing a homeowner wants is to have someone get injured on their property, but things happen. This coverage may also cover any damage the homeowner does to someone else’s property.